Ever since COVID-19 pandemic started, medical traveling activities went to a halt, including among those seeking fertility treatments.
For a lot of couples, the delay is stressful and draining, especially after thorough planning and preparation have been done. However, with vaccine rollout in a lot of countries, things are getting better and a lot of countries are optimistic with the travel industry.
Getting Fertility Treatments in Malaysia
If you are thinking about getting treated in Malaysia, let us assure you that you’ve made the right choice, and LUMIROUS can help to arrange that.
Malaysia’s healthcare tourism is facilitated by Malaysia Healthcare Travel Council (MHTC), ensuring your journey is safe and within the frameworks of its regulations. Malaysia is ranked among the top medical tourism destinations and has carved a niche in fertility treatments with a high success rate. Not only that, its cost is competitive and advanced fertility treatments are accessible in a lot of clinics that are globally known.
Currently, healthcare travellers who don’t have a visa can enter Malaysia and get fertility treatments (unless required to apply by the government).
The Initial Process
• Due to COVID-19 travel measures, you would need to have a letter of appointment confirmation by the doctor / fertility clinic. For your convenience, you can contact or visit Lumirous.com to choose the clinic of your choice.
• Then, an application should be submitted to MHTC.
• Once approved, a Letter of Consent to travel to Malaysia as well as an Entry Approval Letter from MHTC will be issued to you.
• You should get a COVID-19 PCR Test 3 days before traveling
• Travelers need a 2-week isolation period at the hospital which costs about MYR13,000 for couple/ MYR10,000 for single person
• Only one (1) companion is allowed to accompany a healthcare traveller, but two (2) companions are allowed for a parient aged 12 years and below
• Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA)
• Kuala Lumpur International Airport 2 (KLIA2)
• Subang International Airport
• Penang International Airport
• Batu Berendam International Airport
• Ferry Terminal Pasir Gudang
• Ferry Terminal Stulang Laut
• Bangunan Sultan Iskandar (Johor-Singapore)
Top Fertility Clinics in Malaysia
You may not be sure where to get your treatments yet. Rest assured that Malaysia has a lot of top fertility clinics with world-class quality. Here are the 5 clinics among the top ones in the country.
1. Alpha Fertility Centre
Alpha Fertility Centre boasts proven world-class success rates in the treatments they offer. Their embryo selection is improved with employment of AI, a far advancement from other clinics. This way, chances of conceiving are raised greatly.
2. Sunfert International Fertility Centre
Sunfert provides a lot of treatment options such as infertility assessment, In Vitro Fertilization (IVF), intrauterine insemination (IUI), TESA, MESA and Reproductive Endocrinology, among others.
3. Sunway Fertility Centre
Sunway Medical Centre has one of the top Gynecology and Infertility centres in Malaysia. The clinic is known for its full range treatments, covering Fertility Screening, IUI Treatment, IVF Treatment, ICSI Treatment, Egg Donation, Oocyte Freezing and others. With this clinic, you can expect individualized care with a compassionate and friendly approach. The specialists team consists of specialist fertility doctors, embryologists and trained nurses.
4. TMC Fertility Centre
Over the years, the clinic has bagged the Global Health and Travel’s “Fertility Service Provider of the Year” for 4 consecutive years from 2016 to 2019 as well as “Women’s Health & Wellness Service Provider of the Year” in 2018 and 2019. Besides that, Frost & Sullivan had given TMC Fertility Centre the title of “Malaysia Fertility Centre of The Year” in 2016, 2017 and 2019.
5. KL Fertility & Gynecology Centre
This practice is a part of Monash IVF Group, which is a leading IVF group in Australia. The clinic is also RTAC certified. With an expertise spanning over two decades, you can be confident that the clinic offers a wide range of treatment with the latest technology in fertility procedures.
Arranging Your Trip with LUMIROUS
Should you need a visa, you just need to contact your preferred fertility clinic for a confirmation of appointment. Alternatively, skip the headache and overwhelming processes by contacting LUMIROUS, as we will arrange everything!
Fertility treatments overseas shouldn’t be inconvenient or difficult. LUMIROUS is here to guide you.